Monday, August 16, 2010

Letter from Talin

Hi hi!

My name is Talin Elisabeth Smith. I don't know when it was when I fell in love with Asia. It was a while ago I know, when I was like 10 or so. Yeah, so I made a vow with my friend, Molly, that we'd go to Asia when we grew up, possibly 18 or so. So, when I turned 17. I told Molly that I was going to South Korea in a year. She was really excited. We saved up enough money in 11 months to go to Korea. When I told my mom, she was like '"Why do you want to go to South Korea, Tally? Why not go to Italy. Someplace I want to go" My mom was born in Taiwan, even though she's American.

So about a month later, after my 18th birthday. We went to Seoul, and it was kind of weird when we got there. I didn't really speak the language and no one we saw actually spoke English. I was almost ready to go back home. But Molly told me that I must've had here a reason to come all the way across the country. I never thought of modeling. Especially in a different country. So the first thing I did was found a Barns & Noble and brought a Korean grammer book. I learned a little Korean in a few days because I easily remember things. Molly and I stayed in this crappy apartment that was like... Oh I have no idea how much money it was. Luckly the lady liked America and was planning to go there, so she took American dollars. One day, Molly brought this crumpled ad that she said was floating around in the streets. It had a two girls on it (who was Kana and Nene) that had the address and information for Starr Clickk. I told Molly I had no chance with these girls, they were probably considered beautiful in Korea. So I went to the address, which was a beautiful office and talked to Yu Lee. One of the founders of Starr Clickk. They all but hired me on the spot, and I moved in the Starstate (Star Estate) Molly left and went to Thailand for some reason, I haven't seen or heard from her since. She supposedly went stayed with her family.

I hope she's doing okay. Well, bye bye.

Talin.